Thursday, June 1, 2017

All this Music; Cheap CD's from Hoboken's Tunes



After coming up empty handed at Princeton Record Exchange and Vintage Vinyl last week.  I decided to stay local and visit Hoboken's Tunes to scope out some cheap CD options.Wanting to stay within a self imposed budget. I returned hauld a couple to their rightful bins before heading to the cashier with a small, yet satisfying. Below are some thoughts regarding my score.


Stereolab - Emperor Tomato Ketchup
This one has been on my list for a long time now. As a matter of fact. It was written on the list when I went record digging yesterday. My journey to Sterolab started with a kiss and an invitation to accompany  her to Maxwell's to see a then unknown (at least to me ears.) Stereolab headline a show with an act that went by the name Lois.
As much as I might have missed out on going to that show and perhaps perusing a relationship with that girl.Stereolab and "Emperor Ketchup" is even more rewarding than I could have imagined. This perfectly fits in with a lot of the music I've been listening to over the past years or two. I might have not been ready for this in the 90's. However, in 2017, it couldn't possibly be more fitting.

The Sundays - Blind
While there was a time I recall having a  copy of The Sundays "Blind". The overwhelming amount of musical intake probably has a lot to do with my not being able to recall anything remotely specific about the band with the name of the day God supposedly rested after making the mess we all have come to know as the human race. .... with a 27 dollar vinyl reissue over head and a 1.99 CD with the same exact songs in hand. I was willing to take a second chance.

Buffalo Tom - Skins (Deluxe Version)
I first heard of Buffalo Tom from the 90's teen drama "My So Called Life." More than twenty years later I began to revisit the bands catalog.


Dazed and Confused - Soundtrack
A cult classic with a stellar classic rock sountrack. How can I refuse? Why is Edgar Winter Group's "Free Ride" absent?

Garden State - Soundtrack
Great, quirky movie with a quirky, yet addictive soundtrack. One can't go wrong with either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment