Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sleepies - Seriously (Advance Single)

The Sleepies hail from Bushwick Brooklyn and play a style of punk that brings bands like Whatever Brains to mind, however I think the Sleepies are just a touch more straight forward in their approach, though I admit that I am basing my opinion on this one song advance digital single so I do not have an exact idea of how their upcoming full length Lp "Weird Wild World"  is going to play out.

On the "Seriously" single the band manage to create a cool weird vibe and keep me on the edge of my seat by using an interesting mix of melody and unpredictable chord changes and  time changes. I have to say that I really am anxious to hear what the "Weird Wild World" Lp has in store for us because I think it's going to be one hell of a wild ride...a ride  that I am definitely looking forward to taking...Dave G. 

Seriously Single
Sleepies 

No comments:

Post a Comment