Thursday, August 25, 2011

DamionPhoto and The Gerunds Join Forces.

I was hoping to do a little Q and A with Gerunds frontman Peter Cortner on this Fridays benefit show in Philly but time got the best of me.
Instead I'm posting a flyer Pete made with an old picture of mine. As much as I am a fan of Pete's work with Dag Nasty and the Gerunds.
Pete  has, on a few occasions, noted how much he loves my photography. I guess we've got a little mutual admiration thing going on.
I met Pete outside of a Staten Island bar on Halloween night a few years back.
He was dressed from head to webbed toe as Kermit the Frog and about to perform a set of
Dag Nasty tunes with my friends The Amber Jets.
I was in awe. As I was about to introduce myself and confess how Dag Nasty changed my life he interrupted, "You're James, the Photographer?" "OMG, I read your blog all the time." "Your work is amazing."
It was a surreal, dream like moment.
Especially considering he was dressed as Kermit the Frog. Regardless of all that history I am honored to have my work, no matter how old, raising awareness for Cancer treatment and of course the Gerunds.
Pete and I will get that interview done one of the days. I can assure that. What started as a project has morphed into a full fledged band. They're playing shows much more consistently and should be releasing new material soon.
So for Pete's Sake, keep an eye out for The Gerunds. James Damion

The Gerunds  ReverbNation

Fundraiser  Facebook

1 comment: