Thursday, December 29, 2016

JUST - S/T CD

Having just seen half of what was one of the best show opening sets I've witnessed since Geronimo beat the Nazis.
Understandably, I was rather curious to hear what was within the prize handed out to us brave folks occupying the front of the room. As I attempted to upload the home made CD to my computer I noticed there was no track list or information available. Still curious, I went to the bands bandcamp page to find the information needed for s somewhat decent review.

With five songs barring the names 'Pan', 'Grass', 'Drain', 'Chest' and 'Treat'. I have to admit, I wasn't expecting much at all from Brooklyn, New York's JUST. Perhaps that set was just an apparition or a full blown hoax. What JUST lack in a creative name, eye catching logo and catchy song titles. They more than make up for in muscular, dirty up the dance floor Hardcore. Great riifs, time changes and authoritative vocals. I guess it's a good sign when you don't flinch after listening  to something a half dozen times in one sitting

Recorded in October 2016 at Barber Shop Studios. JUST left me wanting to hear more as well as catching a full set one day soon. Let's hope the new year presents just such an opportunity. JD

JUST

No comments:

Post a Comment