Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Obsessor - In Fear of the End (Tankcrime records 2012)

This is the 3rd and I believe final installment in the Obsessor cassette series. Hopefully, Obsessor will move away from the limitations of the cassette format in the near future and give us a 3 or 4 song 7" or Lp to sink our teeth into because these cassettes really leave me feeling like I need to hear more.

On this latest release
"In Fear of the End" you get  2 tracks of metallic hardcore that speed by in the blink of an eye. I saw Sorry State compare Obsessor to later Poison Idea circa "War All the Time" and I think that's an accurate comparison on track 1 , however track 2 has a quicker tighter more thrash metal feel especially in the quick tight riffing.  Overall this is another solid release from Obsessor...I suggest you get all 3 cassettes and rip them to one folder or cd so you can get a real feel for what Osessor is all about...Dave G.     

Purchase 

Listen

No comments:

Post a Comment