Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Altered Boys - Demo Tape

I went record digging at the Princeton Record Exchange a few weeks ago and they actually had a bunch of punk records in their new arrival bins which seems to happen less and less these days. Anyway, as I was digging I noticed the guy standing next to me was grabbing a lot of the punk and hardcore records that I was passing up so being the helpful record nerd that I am I began to pull all the punk and hardcore records and pass them on to him announcing the band name as I went, and when I announced Ensign the guy laughed and said " yeah I'm in Ensign" haha it's a small world.

Anyway, we got to talking and quickly  traded contact info and when I got home I had Dan's other bands Altered Boys and Torchbearer mp3 files waiting  for me in my inbox.

What you get from the Altered Boys is excellent infectious hardcore punk from New Jersey featuring at least one member of hardcore veterans Ensign. Everything you would want from a hardcore punk band is here...excellent vocals , quick tight drumming, nice breakdowns and memorable choruses.  Great stuff for fans of Wasted Time, Negative Approach, SSD etc...The more I listen to this demo the more it creeps into my head... I'm glad fate brought us together...Dave G.

Altered Boys Facebook

Listen Free

P.S. Torchbearer review is upcoming.

1 comment:

  1. Ensign was one of a handful of bands that kept me interested in Hardcore in the 90's. Excellent music and good people. I can't wait to check this out.

    ReplyDelete