Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Double Negative - Hits 7" Sorry State Records

Hit's is Double Negative's final recording with the mighty KC on vocals and the first recordings with new drummer Bobby M.

The music on Hits is more of what you have come to expect from -/-, however to me everything seems a bit more in control on these recordings while still maintaining a whirling dervish of sound highlighted by Bobby M's quick tight drumming style and  plenty of swirling / bending guitar riffs that at times remind me of  the racket that Rick Fork and John Reis have been known to deliver over the years. I'm not comparing -/- to the Hot Snakes as they're apples and oranges, but at times the snappy drumming and even KC's voice brings HS to my mind.

I don't know what the future holds for  -/- considering they have a new singer in the fold , but I can only hope that they continue to release top notch material for years to come...Dave G.

Purchase 

Listen

2 comments:

  1. Funny you reviewing this tonight as I am just about to order it. It's not often when a band changes singers while on top of their game and gets better. Let's hope it happens here.

    ReplyDelete